Life Is Strange Fans is a website and social network for fans of the videogame franchise, Life Is Strange, published by Square Enix and encompassing multiple games developed by Don’t Nod (formerly Dontnod Entertainment) and Deck Nine Games.
- Add or browse fan content such as Fan Art, Cosplay, Fan Fiction, Music, Videos and Screenshots.
- Favourite everything and create custom Collections, Fan Fic Reading Lists and Music or Video Playlists.
- Unlock Achievements or earn Fan Points and use them to buy Card Packs containing collectible Cards and Power Orbs, which you can then use to Level Up Cards, unlock Concept Art or buy Props to fill Enrivons (key environments from the games such as Max’s Dorm Room).
- Sell or Trade Cards with other Fans and complete Card Sets.
- Manage everything and track all your Stats from a custom frontend Dashboard.
- Find fellow Fans and chat via a Live Messenger system.
- And so much more!
For a detailed look at everything, check out our Launch Trailer:
Browsing the site is available to everyone without logging in. However, there are MANY features that are only available to members. This includes:
- Adding Content.
- Favouriting Content.
- Following Creators and Characters.
- Creating custom Collections, Reading Lists and Playlists.
- Earning Achievements.
- Earning Fan Points and Power Orbs.
- Buying Card Packs and unlocking Cards.
- Unlocking Environs.
- Buying Props for Environs.
- On-site and Email Notifications, including the ability to turn them off.
- Personal Profiles.
- Adding Friends.
- Custom Dashboard for managing Content and viewing Stats.
- A custom Follow Feed for updates on Creators or Characters you Follow.
- Live Messenger Chat.
No. Life Is Strange Fans is a fansite, made by fans for fans. It is not officially affiliated with or sponsored by either Square Enix, Don’t Nod or Deck Nine Games.
However, all three companies are aware of its existence and have been very supportive of the site and the wider community which encompasses our social channels. This includes sharing Tweets and other social media posts, providing prizes for contests and in some cases updating their own pages on the website where access is requested.
The website itself was solely developed by myself, Chris Anderson. I’m a fan of the games and a web designer/developer from Cardiff, Wales. You may notice the name ‘Pixel Squirrel Studios’ referenced in the footer and throughout the site or in emails – this is just the name of my web design company.
Some additional development for certain features was done by hired freelance developers.
Also helping with managerial decisions, contests and additional art is Co-Admin, Mailen Torras from Buenos Aires, Argentina – known as MaiQueti within the community.
For a full list of credits, please see the Site Credits page.
The website was originally launched on February 18th, 2016. Over time, the website began to struggle with performance as it was built upon an existing theme that wasn’t optimised for its purpose and relied heavily on lots of plugins for extra features. The initial purpose of the site – to give fans a central hub to upload and share fan content such as Fan Art, Cosplay, Fan Fiction, Music and Videos – was somewhat neglected because the underlying functions were simply not there as I wanted.
5 years later, after learning a lot of new skills including advanced web design and programming, I have been able to create the version of Life Is Strange Fans that I always wanted to – the version you’re currently viewing.
The new design, additional features and ground-up optimisation make the current site virtually unrecoginsable from the old site, hence 2.0!
Adding & Browsing Content
Adding Content to Life Is Strange Fans involves filling out simple forms from the frontend of the website. We’ve written extensive Documentation on adding all types of Fan Content which you can find here.
You must be a registered and logged-in User to see the forms for adding Content.
There are multiple ways to find Content on Life Is Strange Fans.
- From the Homepage.
- Using the Live Search Bar in the Header, or standard Search Bar in the Main Menu if on mobile or tablet.
- From Content Archive page links in the Man Menu.
- From the ‘SIMILAR…’ listings on single Content pages.
- On the main Activity page, which is a feed showing new posts of all types.
- On your Follow Feed (when logged in), which shows only new posts by Creators you Follow or featuring Characters you Follow.
- From the ‘Discover More Content’ listings on all Activity pages, which shows random content you have not yet added to your Favourites.
For a more detailed breakdown of all of the above, please see the Searching & Filtering Content Documentation page.
Achievements are digital on-site rewards represented as badges. They are similar to Achievements or Trophies unlocked on Xbox, PlayStation or Steam.
Achivements are awarded to users for various site activity. This might include:
- Adding Content
- Favouriting Content
- Unlocking specific Cards or other unlockables
- Reaching a certain amount of Points
- Visiting certain sections of the website
- And more!
The requirements for unlocking most Achievements are listed on the Achievement’s single page or on the Achievements listing page.
Visit the main Achievements page to see the list of all Achievements and start unlocking them now!
Secret Achievements have their requirements hidden and each requirement will only show after you actually meet that requirement.
The requirements are revealed per requirement. So, if a Secret Achievement has 3 requirements and you meet the requirement of 1 of them, it will say ‘1 of 3 Requirements Met’ and will show you what that requirement was on the Achievement’s single page.
Sure! There’s no way of us stopping that and we wouldn’t necessarily want to. We encourage sharing among the community and helping each other out.
However, please use Private Messaging to communicate and don’t post the secrets publicly, either on your profile, in the public Live Chatroom or on social media.
Fan Points & Power Orbs
Fan Points (or FP) is a digital currency on Life Is Strange Fans, which can be used to purchase Card Packs.
Fan Points can be earned in a number of ways:
- Simply visiting the site each day will reward you with 5000 Fan Points. This is known as a ‘Daily Visit Reward’ and is awarded once per 24 hours. This is determined by your own time zone and the points will be awarded from midnight (your time) onwards each day.
- Unlocking Achievements also awards a set amount of Fan Points at the same time.
- Selling unwanted/duplicate Cards – either back to the site or to other Fans.
- Becoming a Superfan by subscribing to our Patreon. Superfans get a set amount of weekly Fan Points (and other awards) which are given out manually by an Admin.
No. We do not own the license for Life Is Strange and therefore, we do not have the right to monetise it in this way. However, while Fan Points and Power Orbs cannot be bought directly, if you want to support the upkeep of the site by subscribing to our Patreon, one of the benefits is being sent a set amount of Fan Points and Power Orbs weekly – with higher amounts available in the higher Tiers.
Since you’re really supporting the site and the points are essentially only given as a bonus reward this is one way we are able to give out points – it doesn’t actually cost us anything to distribute points, the real cost is the hosting of the website and its media content, so any financial support goes towards that and the points are a ‘thank you’ rather than a product purchased.
Cards & Card Packs
Cards are digital collectibles based on TCG (Trading Card Game) Cards that can be unlocked on the website.
Cards are found in Card Packs, which can be bought with Fan Points and will return a random assortment of Cards when opened.
No. Cards have no monetary value, crypto or otherwise. They are really just posts with a specific template, with different variations of the template depending on whether you have unlocked the Cards or not.
You can buy Card Packs from the main Card Packs page. As soon as you buy a Card Pack, you are redirected to its single page where you can open it by clicking a button and confirming, but if you decide to open a Card Pack later, you can view all your Card Packs on your My Card Packs page.
Cards can be sold from a Card’s single page. You can either sell a Card back to the site directly from that page, or list a Card for Sale to other Fans, and wait for someone to buy it.
The ‘Sell Card Back To Site’ or ‘List Card for Sale/Trade’ buttons will not appear unless you own at least 1 of that Card, and some rarer Cards cannot be sold at all.
For a more detailed breakdown, please see the Documentation on Selling Cards.
Cards can be listed for Trade from a Card’s single page.
The ‘List Card for Sale/Trade’ button will not appear unless you own at least 1 of that Card, and some rarer Cards cannot be listed for Trade at all.
For a more detailed breakdown, please see the Documentation on Trading Cards.
Cards have a Max. Available value, meaning the maximum amount of the same Card you can own. Superfan Exclusive Cards and Limited Edition Cards have a Max Value of 1, Gold Cards have a Max Value of 3 and most other standard Cards have a Max Value of 5.
Once you own the Max Value of a Card, you’ll be able to convert them to a Gold version of the same Card directly from the Card’s single page. You will actually lose 4 of the 5 standard Cards, leaving you with 1, but also receiving the Gold version.
Rarer Cards cannot be converted, sold or traded.
For a more detailed breakdown, please see the Documentation on Converting Cards To Gold.
Cards can be Levelled Up from their single page. Levelling Up Cards is required in order to access certain parts of the website – for example, for unlocking Environs.
If you own at least 1 of a Card, you’ll see a ‘Level Up Card’ button below the Card itself.
Levelling Up Cards costs Power Orbs, with the cost increasing with each Level.
For a more detailed breakdown, please see the Documentation on Levelling Up Cards.
Not all Cards, and not directly from their page, no. This feature was originally included during testing, but it made the Card Packs rather redundant and took away a lot of the excitement of the gamification overall.
Occasionally we will run special events where certain Cards can be bought directly from their page with Fan Points for a limited time only. Keep an eye on our social channels, as this is where we would usually announce such events.
Superfans are users who have subscribed to our Patreon and therefore recieve extra benefits that standard users do not. There are 3 tiers:
- Superfan Plus
- Superfan Ultimate
All 3 tiers have the same benefits and access, but the higher tiers will receive more weekly Fan Points/Power Orbs accordingly.
- Weekly Fan Points (amount varies depending on tier selected).
- Weekly Power Orbs (amount varies depending on tier selected).
- Access to rare Superfan-Exclusive Cards – these will be awarded periodically by the site Admin.
- Receive any Limited-Edition Cards on request, after their run in Limited Edition Card Packs ends.
- Sell Cards back to the site for Fan Points at double the percentage of the original price (60% instead of 30%).
- Double your chances of getting rarer Cards in Card Packs.
- Get up to double the amount of Power Orbs in Card Packs.
- A Superfan page on the site to express your fandom and the ability to publish Superfan Blogs.
- Access to an exclusive on-site Superfans-only Chatroom.
- Exclusive Role and access to a Superfans-only Discord channel in the Life Is Strange Fans Discord.
- Credited on the site.
Simply head over to our Patreon page and select your preferred tier to subscribe!
You will be contacted either via Patreon’s own messaging system, the website’s messaging system, email or social media to provide details about your onsite Username so we can upgrade the correct account, your preferred Superfan page name and your Discord server username if you are an active member of our Discord server.
Your first awards will be given immediately, or as soon as an Admin is able to.
No. Any Cards including Superfan-Exclusive Cards that were given to you while you were subscribed, will remain linked to your account.
Your current Fan Points or Power Orbs balances will remain the same and no points will be deducted.
You will simply not receive any additional Superfan-Exclusive Cards or weekly Fan Points/Power Orbs after you unsubscribe.
Fan Points/Power Orbs will not be backdated. You will only receive the usual weekly amount from the first week you resubscribe.
However, any Superfan-Exclusive Cards you missed while unsubscribed will be given to you on request.