From trailers to fan-made short films and everything in between, there’s a huge variety of Life Is Strange videos. Take a look below at a typical Video post and we’ll break down each numbered element.
1) Embedded Video – This is the main embedded iframe of the Video itself. All Video posts on the website are from YouTube. You can play and control the Video directly on the site by clicking the relevant buttons, with the option to view them on YouTube as well.
2) Video Title – This is the title of the Video.
3) Video Creator – This is the name of the Video Creator/Content Creator who created this Video. You can visit the Video Creator’s page by clicking their name.
4) Featured Characters – This lists any Characters that are featured in this Video. Clicking the Character’s name will take you to a listing which shows all Videos tagged with that Character. If there are more than 6 Characters featured in this Video, the extra Characters will be hidden, but you can reveal all the Characters by clicking ‘Show All’.
5) Video Tags – This is the relevant Tags for the Video. It might include the Characters again, themes or mood-related words. Clicking the Tag will take you to a listing which shows all Videos related to that Tag.
6) Featured Games – This lists any Games the Video is related to. It may be linked to multiple Games if it’s a crossover Video featuring characters from the different Games. Clicking the Game’s name will take you to a listing which shows all Videos tagged with that Game.
7) Featured Episodes – This shows any specific Episodes the Video is related to – it might reference a pivotal scene from a specific Episode for example. Clicking the Episode’s name will take you to a listing which shows all Videos tagged with that Episode.
8) Video Categories – This lists the Video Categories the Video is featured in.
9) Favourites Button – Click this button to add the Video to your Favourites. If you’ve already favourited the Video, the word ‘Unfavourite’ will show instead and the heart icon will be filled. Click the button again if you want to Unfavourite it.
10) Favourites Count – This shows how many times the Video has been Favourited. Clicking the number will open a modal which will list the Fans who Favourited it. You can click the name or avatar of the Fan to go to the their profile.
11) Collections Count – This shows the number of Collections the Video has been added to. Clicking the number will open a modal which will list the Collections. You can click the title or featured image of the Collection to jump to that Collection.
12) Video Playlists Count – This shows the number of Video Playlists the Video has been added to. Clicking the number will open a modal which will list the Video Playlists. You can click the title or featured image of the Video Playlist to jump to that Video Playlist.
13) Add to Collection Button – Click this button to open a modal where you can choose what Collection/s you want to add the Video to.
The box on the left lists the Collections you can choose from. Only Collections you created will be shown. Clicking any Collection on the left will add it to the box on the right. Any Collections in the box on the right will now contain the Video once the Add/Update button is pressed. If you want to remove a Collection from the box on the right, hover over it and click the minus icon.
14) Add New Collection Button – Click this button to add a new Collection. A modal will pop up where you can enter the required details. After submitting, the Video page will refresh and that Collection will now be available in the list of Collections in the left box.
15) Add to Video Playlist Button – Click this button to open a modal where you can choose what Video Playlist/s you want to add the Video to.
16) Add New Video Playlist Button – Click this button to add a new Video Playlist. A modal will pop up where you can enter the required details. After submitting, the Video page will refresh and that Video Playlist will now be available in the list of Video Playlists in the left box.
17) Edit Button – Click this button to edit the Video. A modal will pop up with a form. This is the same form used for adding new Videos, except the fields will already be filled in with the relevant values. Simply add or change what you want and click the Update button to edit the Video. You will only see this button if you’re the author of the Video post.
18) Delete Button – Click this button to delete the Video. A tooltip will appear prompting you to confirm whether you really want to delete it or not.
If you click Yes, the Video will be deleted and you will be redirected to the Video archive page, which lists all Videos on the site.
19) Report Button – Click this button to report the Video. A modal will pop up with the Report form. You’ll be asked to select a reason for reporting the content and then provide more details.
Content that is visual in nature, such as Fan Art, Cosplay or Screenshots, will have their main image replaced with a placeholder image notifying users that the content has been reported and is under investigation.
20) Added By – This shows which user the Video was added by. Since anyone can add content, the uploader may not necessarily be the Video Creator. Click the user’s name or avatar to go to their profile.
21) Similar Videos– Here you’ll see up to 4 other similar Video posts. The results are randomised each time the page is refreshed, but the logic is based on the Video Tags, so any other Video with one or more of the same Tags as the Video you’re currently viewing could appear in this section. This is why it’s important to enter accurate and useful Tags when adding new Videos.
22) Related Characters – This shows the Characters related to this Video. While similar to the Featured Characters section (see Item .4), they are represented with the main image of the Character, and rather than linking to other Videos featuring that Character when clicked, it will link to the Character’s actual page on the site.
23) Views Count – This shows the total number of Views the Video has received from all users.
24) Social Share Buttons – You can click either the Facebook or Twitter buttons to share this Video on that social network.
25) View On Other Platforms – This section will show any other platforms the Music can be found on. Clicking the name of the platform will take you directly to the relevant post on that site. The external site will open in a new tab. Options include: YouTube and Vimeo.
Music Description – Some Music may have a description as well. If present, it will appear below the main embedded music player.
Comments – Below the featured image and description (if present), you will find the Comment form. You’ll be able to see any Comments left by other users as well as add your own.