There are many talented Musicians in the Life Is Strange community, performing covers as well as entirely original songs. Take a look below at a typical Music post and we’ll break down each numbered element.
1) Embedded Music – This is the main embedded iframe of the Music itself. All Music posts on the website are either from Soundcloud or YouTube. You can play and control the Music directly on the site by clicking the relevant buttons, with the option to view them on their externals sites.
2) Music Title – This is the title of the Music.
3) Musician/Feat. Musician – This is the name of the Musician who created this Music. If this Music has a Featured Musician, they will be listed next to the main Musician after a Feat. prefix. You can visit the Musician’s pages by clicking their name.
4) Featured Characters – This lists any Characters that are featured in this Music. Clicking the Character’s name will take you to a listing which shows all Music tagged with that Character. If there are more than 6 Characters featured in this Music, the extra Characters will be hidden, but you can reveal all the Characters by clicking ‘Show All’.
5) Music Tags – This is the relevant Tags for the Music. It might include the Characters again, themes in the lyrics or mood-related words. Clicking the Tag will take you to a listing which shows all Music related to that Tag.
6) Featured Games – This lists any Games the Music is related to. It may be linked to multiple Games if it’s a crossover Music featuring characters from the different games. Clicking the Game’s name will take you to a listing which shows all Music tagged with that Game.
Featured Episodes (Not Pictured) – This shows any specific Episodes the Music is related to – it might reference a pivotal scene from a specific Episode for example. Clicking the Episode’s name will take you to a listing which shows all Music tagged with that Episode.
7) Favourites Button – Click this button to add the Music to your Favourites. If you’ve already favourited the Music, the word ‘Unfavourite’ will show instead and the heart icon will be filled. Click the button again if you want to Unfavourite it.
8) Favourites Count – This shows how many times the Music has been Favourited. Clicking the number will open a modal which will list the Fans who Favourited it. You can click the name or avatar of the Fan to go to the their profile.
9) Collections Count – This shows the number of Collections the Music has been added to. Clicking the number will open a modal which will list the Collections. You can click the title or featured image of the Collection to jump to that Collection.
10) Music Playlists Count – This shows the number of Music Playlists the Music has been added to. Clicking the number will open a modal which will list the Music Playlists. You can click the title or featured image of the Music Playlist to jump to that Music Playlist.
11) Add to Collection Button – Click this button to open a modal where you can choose what Collection/s you want to add the Music to.
The box on the left lists the Collections you can choose from. Only Collections you created will be shown. Clicking any Collection on the left will add it to the box on the right. Any Collections in the box on the right will now contain the Music once the Add/Update button is pressed. If you want to remove a Collection from the box on the right, hover over it and click the minus icon.
12) Add New Collection Button – Click this button to add a new Collection. A modal will pop up where you can enter the required details. After submitting, the Music page will refresh and that Collection will now be available in the list of Collections in the left box.
13) Add to Music Playlist Button – Click this button to open a modal where you can choose what Music Playlist/s you want to add the Music to.
14) Add New Music Playlist Button – Click this button to add a new Music Playlist. A modal will pop up where you can enter the required details. After submitting, the Music page will refresh and that Music Playlist will now be available in the list of Music Playlists in the left box.
15) Edit Button – Click this button to edit the Music. A modal will pop up with a form. This is the same form used for adding new Music, except the fields will already be filled in with the relevant values. Simply add or change what you want and click the Update button to edit the Music. You will only see this button if you’re the author of the Music post.
16) Delete Button – Click this button to delete the Music. A tooltip will appear prompting you to confirm whether you really want to delete it or not.
If you click Yes, the Music will be deleted and you will be redirected to the Music archive page, which lists all Music on the site.
17) Report Button – Click this button to report the Music. A modal will pop up with the Report form. You’ll be asked to select a reason for reporting the content and then provide more details.
Content that is visual in nature, such as Fan Art, Cosplay or Screenshots, will have their main image replaced with a placeholder image notifying users that the content has been reported and is under investigation.
18) Added By – This shows which user the Music was added by. Since anyone can add content, the uploader may not necessarily be the Musician. Click the user’s name or avatar to go to their profile.
19) Similar Music – Here you’ll see up to 4 other similar Music posts. The results are randomised each time the page is refreshed, but the logic is based on the Music Tags, so any other Music with one or more of the same Tags as the Music you’re currently viewing could appear in this section. This is why it’s important to enter accurate and useful Tags when adding new Music.
20) Related Characters – This shows the Characters related to this Music. While similar to the Featured Characters section (see Item .4), they are represented with the main image of the Character, and rather than linking to other Music featuring that Character when clicked, it will link to the Character’s actual page on the site.
21) Views Count – This shows the total number of Views the Music has received from all users.
22) Social Share Buttons – You can click either the Facebook or Twitter buttons to share this Music on that social network.
23) View On Other Platforms – This section will show any other platforms the Music can be found on. Clicking the name of the platform will take you directly to the relevant post on that site. The external site will open in a new tab. Options include: Soundcloud, Bandcamp, Spotify and YouTube.
Music Description – Some Music may have a description as well. If present, it will appear below the main embedded music player.
Comments – Below the featured image and description (if present), you will find the Comment form. You’ll be able to see any Comments left by other users as well as add your own.
You’ll need to be logged in to add Comments, as well as manage them and upvote or downvote them. See the Comments documentation section for more details.